February 28, 2022. 
Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes

H1B visa: Immigrating as a highly-skilled professional

Did you know that the most dominant group of visa applicants for the 2020 fiscal year came from the IT industry? If you’re a highly-skilled professional with a Bachelor’s degree or higher, working in the U.S. is no hassle. This puts you in a good position to apply for the H1B visa reserved for a limited number of applicants who want to move to the U.S. and continue their employment there.

The future U.S. employer files the petition on your behalf

The H1B visa system refers to a strict system of selection. Only the most qualified visa applicants will get the visa. There is an annual application cap that restricts more than 85,000 visa applicants to apply for this work visa. The future U.S. employer and the duration of your work contract condition this temporary visa. Therefore, the future U.S. employer starts the process by filling out the petition on your behalf. Being a highly-skilled professional, you must be skilled enough to find your future U.S. employer before the process starts. Arranging a work engagement in the U.S. for a particular period is a must. Each U.S. employer has a limit of 250 petitions yearly. Your work contract is the major requirement for your H1B visa application.

Your work experience may substitute for your education

In some exceptional cases, your employer may take into account your previous work experience and professional qualifications that are equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in the United States. If you decide to go this way, check with your future U.S. employer if they would accept a verification by Foreign Credential Evaluations or Work Experience Evaluations in the United States. These two could help you qualify for the H1B visa even if you don’t have a Bachelor’s degree, its U.S. equivalent, or a higher education degree. Start in time and obtain the verification before applying for a job in the United States.

You have to be lucky enough to get the H1B visa

Your qualifications, a spotless visa application, and a work contract with your future U.S. employer are not enough. You got to have a little bit of luck to enter the lottery. Your future U.S. employer registers for one or more employees. Due to a large number of eligible applicants coming from all over the world, there is the annual lottery. As a beneficiary, your registration status could be: selected if your employer is ready to file the petition for your visa, not selected, or denied if there is more than one registration made for you.

What about the Green card?

The H1B visa is a work visa that qualifies you for the employment-based Green card. Initially, the visa allows you to stay in the U.S. and work for up to three years. It could extend for an additional three years. For more information, a streamlined application process, and tips on how to apply, contact us and we’ll find the best solution for you.


Select a Complete Service

Supported Visa Types: Tourism, Visit or Medical Treatment / Business or Employment / Transit / Study or Exchange

Copyright © 2022 VisaExpress.us.com

Disclaimer: https://VisaExpress.us.com is not affiliated with the United States Department of State (US DOS), the United States Department of Homeland Security (US DHS), the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), or any other United States government agency. Except for our affiliated and independent lawyers/attorneys explicitly disclosed in the service, we are not a law firm, we do not provide legal advice, and we are not a substitute for an attorney. Neither VisaExpress.us.com nor its employees claim to have any special knowledge of immigration law or procedure. Listed purchase prices for application preparation assistance services do NOT include any government application, medical examination fee, filing, or biometric fees. The applications completed using our service are available as blank forms for free on some USA Government websites. Lawyer services are provided by independent Lawyers and these services are subject to a separate, Limited-Scope Lawyer Agreement. We are a private, internet-based travel technology service provider dedicated to helping individuals travel to the United States. If you do not wish to utilize our services, you may apply directly at travel.state.gov or at uscis.gov.