February 24, 2022. 
Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes

P Visa: A Short Guide For Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers

If you’re interested in a P visa, your job must be very exciting. Working in the entertainment and sports industries is a dream for many people. Reaching international recognition comes with traveling the world. If you’re an athlete, artist, or entertainer who plans to travel to the United States for performing or participating in a sports event, you’ll most likely need a P visa. There are four types of P visa, a non-immigrant visa, that allows you to take your job to the United States and improve your chances of becoming a worldwide sensation, but also a United States Green card holder.

P1 visa for athletes, artists, or entertainers

This visa type allows you to arrive in the United States and compete or perform in an international award competition. Before coming to the country, you need to have proof that you’re a recognized entertainment or sports industry worker. Present a contract with an organization or company in the United States that will host you. Demonstrate that you have participated in an international or United States sports competition in the past years. Some of the benefits of the P1 visa are that you’ll be able to engage in part-time study in the United States and become a permanent resident by adjusting your status. Keep in mind that you might stay in the United States for up to five years. As an entertainer, you can apply if you’ll be performing as a group member only.

P2 visa for participating in an international exchange  program

Whether you’re an individual, group member, or team member, your intention must be to participate in an international exchange program. Show proof of an agreement between an abroad organization or company that helps you qualify for the exchange, and the United States organization or company that will host you. You need to be an experienced athlete, artist, or entertainer to apply for the P2 visa and your planned stay in the United States shouldn’t exceed one year.

P3 visa for participating in a cultural event

Being an individual sports or entertainment worker or a group or team member, you qualify for the P3 visa if you have not stayed in the United States for one year before coming on a P3 Visa. This P visa type allows you to participate for payment or non-payment in a cultural program.

P4 visa for spouses and children of P visa holders

The name says it all. If you’ll be traveling as a dependant accompanying a P1, P2, or P3 visa holder, you need the P4 visa.

How to pick the right visa?

Knowing which P visa type matches your travel intent is a crucial step in your P visa application. Take into account the estimated duration of your stay in the United States, whether you’ll be traveling as the main star or a dependent, and if you’re having long-term plans of immigrating to the United States. Applying for the wrong visa type will become an issue as soon as you attend your Embassy interview. Contact us and learn more about your eligibility, application process, and prospects.


Select a Complete Service

Supported Visa Types: Tourism, Visit or Medical Treatment / Business or Employment / Transit / Study or Exchange

Copyright © 2022 VisaExpress.us.com

Disclaimer: https://VisaExpress.us.com is not affiliated with the United States Department of State (US DOS), the United States Department of Homeland Security (US DHS), the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), or any other United States government agency. Except for our affiliated and independent lawyers/attorneys explicitly disclosed in the service, we are not a law firm, we do not provide legal advice, and we are not a substitute for an attorney. Neither VisaExpress.us.com nor its employees claim to have any special knowledge of immigration law or procedure. Listed purchase prices for application preparation assistance services do NOT include any government application, medical examination fee, filing, or biometric fees. The applications completed using our service are available as blank forms for free on some USA Government websites. Lawyer services are provided by independent Lawyers and these services are subject to a separate, Limited-Scope Lawyer Agreement. We are a private, internet-based travel technology service provider dedicated to helping individuals travel to the United States. If you do not wish to utilize our services, you may apply directly at travel.state.gov or at uscis.gov.