Reunite with your spouse in the U.S.

Get your U.S. Spouse visa fast and stress-free!
Go to GovAssist Legal Law Firm
VisaExpress is a brand of GovAssist Legal, LLC, a non-traditional legal services provider authorized to practice immigration law in-person or remotely around the world.
Reduce your costs, both financial and emotional.
Save your time and focus on what really matters.
Get the help you need, when you need it.
Avoid visa denial risk and boost your approval chances.

IR1/CR1 Spouse Visa Legal Service

From start to finish
Affordable one-time fee
Attorney representation
VisaExpress is a brand of GovAssist Legal, LLC, a non-traditional legal services provider authorized to practice immigration law in-person or remotely around the world.

Do you want to live with your spouse in the United States?

If you are married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and you want to enter the United States to live and work here, you need to apply for the IR1/CR1 Spouse visa. As long as your spouse is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, they can sponsor or petition you for a Green Card.

However, the visa process is quite complicated and time-consuming. Even though you understand all the requirements and procedures, you should be aware that the outcome depends on your personal situation and can vary on a case-to-case basis. Incomplete information, incomplete evidence, and legal obstacles often lead to long processing times, and even visa and Green Card rejection.

VisaExpress (GovAssist Legal, LLC) is here to change this, offer you a hassle-free experience, and make sure you get your visa and Green Card as quickly as possible.

Here’s what you need to know

Although family sponsorship seems simple and straightforward, the complex paperwork and complicated official procedures make the entire process time-consuming. Moreover, your U.S. visa application may be delayed and even denied because of common mistakes and/or incomplete supporting evidence. To avoid these costly risks, get peace of mind, and have your visa issued in the shortest time possible, we recommend benefiting from the services of GovAssist Legal's in-house immigration lawyers.

As a petitioner, you must:

As a beneficiary, your foreign spouse must:

  • Be a resident of a foreign country.

Here’s how to get your U.S. Spouse visa:

The Spouse visa process is complex and it usually takes between 8 and 12 months to go through all the steps.

1. Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
2. USCIS Review
3. National Visa Centre Review
4. Medical Examination
5. Embassy Interview
6. Visa Granted
7. Green Card Granted

To apply for the Spouse visa and get the Green Card, you and your U.S. citizen/permanent resident spouse will first be required to fill out your Petition for Alien Relative, and file it with the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service.

As soon as your Petition for Alien Relative is approved, your case is handed over to the National Visa Center for additional review. The NVC may require more information or supporting evidence. Once the NVC decides that your application is meeting the rules and standards, it will be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate closest to you, the alien spouse.

Then you will need to fill out a nonimmigrant visa application and schedule and attend a face-to-face interview with a consular officer. During the interview, you (the alien spouse) will answer a series of questions to prove that your visa case is genuine. It usually takes 5 to 15 minutes. You might also be required to present additional information. You might learn the decision on whether or not your visa is approved at the end of the interview.

Copyright © 2024 GovAssist, LLC

Disclaimer: is not affiliated with the United States Department of State (US DOS), the United States Department of Homeland Security (US DHS), the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), or any other United States government agency. Neither nor its employees claim to have any special knowledge of immigration law or procedure. Listed purchase prices for application preparation assistance services do NOT include any government application, medical examination fee, filing, or biometric fees. The applications completed using our service are available as blank forms for free on USA Government websites. We are a private, internet-based travel technology service provider dedicated to helping individuals travel to the United States. If you do not wish to utilize our services, you may apply directly at or at