September 13, 2021. 
Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes

10 Most Common U.S. Student Visa Questions (With Answers)

The United States is home to the most prestigious universities in the world. No wonder you want to experience the world’s leading education system. You can get online support from our consultants to whom the F-1 visa application process holds no mysteries. We’ve handled numerous applicants just like you with at least one thing in common - all of them wanted to know how to get their F-1 visas.

1. Can you help me find a university in the United States?

That is your personal decision that results from your own research. You’re in charge of getting into a United States university, while we provide online support for your F1 visa application. Keep in mind that first, you need to be accepted to a United States university, and then seek to obtain your visa. Save your time and start the process with our help.

2. I overstayed my last visit to the United States while I was on a Visitor visa. Will that affect my F-1 visa application?

There is a chance your previous overstays in the United States will negatively affect your F-1 visa application. Make sure to respect visa restrictions and exit the United States before your visa expires. This will ensure your future arrivals to the United States and have you enjoy stress-free travels. In case you’re starting your studies in the United States but you exceeded your past stay in the United States on a different visa, you can reach out to our visa consultants and get online support whenever it is convenient for you.

3. Do I need a sponsor for my F-1 visa?

You don’t have to have a sponsor for your visa if you can financially cover your stay in the United States on your own. In the event you have a sponsor or scholarship for your studies, provide proof of that alongside other evidence of your qualification for the visa.

4. What is the application process for the U.S. student visa?

The first step is to be accepted to a SEVP-certified educational institution in the United States. After you obtain proof of acceptance, start the process with our help. On your way to your visa approval, you need to pay the SEVIS fee to SEVP. You’ll learn more about that after you complete our service application form. Many documents need to be collected and the requirements need to be fulfilled, but we’re here to support you. You will get full information on the U.S. student visa application from your VisaExpress personal visa consultant.

5. How can I become eligible for a U.S. student visa?

Have a favorable background and ensure your tuition, accommodation, and other travel expenses are covered while you’re in the United States. Moreover, pay the SEVIS fee to SEVP and plan on paying additional government fees throughout your visa application process. Book your consultation and get online support.

6. What is SEVP?

It is one of the main reasons why you can come to the United States to study. The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certifies educational institutions in the United States to welcome international exchange students and allow foreign citizens to earn a degree. The program maintains the Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) which offers information on exchange and study programs in the United States.

7. I want to travel to the United States to attend a scientific student conference. Do I need the F-1 visa?

If your sole reason for coming to the United States is to attend a conference and not earn a degree or academic points, you won’t need the F-1 visa. You can apply for a U.S. business visa instead and we can help you with that process as well. All you need to do is complete our application questionnaire and choose the service package you want. You’ll get a personal visa consultant who will guide your steps from that point onwards.

8. I want to save time and start the U.S. student visa application but I haven’t been accepted to a United States university yet. Can I apply?

We understand you want to be practical. However, the prerequisite for starting the F1 Student visa application is being accepted to an educational institution. Ensure that you’re accepted to an educational institution in the United States, check your eligibility, and start the process with VisaExpress.

9. I want to renew my U.S. student visa but the Embassy in my country is closed. What can I do?

Working hours and workload of Embassies and Consulates around the world are affected by the global pandemic and all of us wish the situation changes for good soon. In any case, we recommend you apply from the country where you hold your residence because the local Consular Officers are already familiar with the local circumstances that have probably shaped your personal and professional background. You might also apply from another country that allows third-country applicants to submit their visa application.

10. I am in the United States at the moment. My F-1 visa will expire soon. Can I renew my visa from the United States?

Logistically speaking, you can start the renewal process while you’re in the United States. Bear in mind that you need to exit the United States in order to enter again with your renewed visa. If your visa expired within the last 48 months, it is highly possible that you won’t have to attend your interview in person due to the Visa Interview Waiver. This rule is effective until the end of 2021. Previously it applied to the visas that expired in the last 24 months.

The collection of frequently asked questions about the U.S. student visa wants to clear your doubts about the possibilities and limits of this visa type. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out!


Select a Complete Service

Supported Visa Types: Tourism, Visit or Medical Treatment / Business or Employment / Transit / Study or Exchange

Copyright © 2022

Disclaimer: is not affiliated with the United States Department of State (US DOS), the United States Department of Homeland Security (US DHS), the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), or any other United States government agency. Except for our affiliated and independent lawyers/attorneys explicitly disclosed in the service, we are not a law firm, we do not provide legal advice, and we are not a substitute for an attorney. Neither nor its employees claim to have any special knowledge of immigration law or procedure. Listed purchase prices for application preparation assistance services do NOT include any government application, medical examination fee, filing, or biometric fees. The applications completed using our service are available as blank forms for free on some USA Government websites. Lawyer services are provided by independent Lawyers and these services are subject to a separate, Limited-Scope Lawyer Agreement. We are a private, internet-based travel technology service provider dedicated to helping individuals travel to the United States. If you do not wish to utilize our services, you may apply directly at or at