July 19, 2021. 
Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes

K1 Fiancé(e) Visa | Application Process and Useful Tips

You hear the wedding bells and feel ready to spend the rest of your life together with your significant other! But first, you need to go through stacks of paperwork to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States. Doesn’t sound like fun? VisaExpress loves the boring part of your wedding preparation! Keep reading our post and learn more about the K1 Fiancé(e) visa.

Call things by their name

If you are a U.S. citizen and you want to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States, they need to obtain the K1 visa first. To get this visa, you, as the U.S. citizen petitioner, will first need to gather all necessary documents and supporting evidence, fill in the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), and file it with the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service, in order to sponsor your foreign fiancé(e) or the beneficiary’s stay in the United States.
As a couple, you have to prove that your relationship is real and you’re not marrying simply because you want to regulate the beneficiary’s immigration status in the United States.
We are here to provide online support for you simply schedule a consultation and get professional advice from one of our immigration agents.

K1 Fiancé(e) visa: Meet legal prerequisites

You and your foreign fiancé(e) need to be at least 18 and unmarried when you file and submit the petition, and your foreign fiancé(e) must not reside in the United States. As a United States citizen, you have to prove you can financially support the future family so that your significant other doesn’t live on United States welfare. Same-sex couples are allowed to marry, no matter how the foreign fiancé(e)’s country of citizenship sees that union. Most importantly, both of you need to create a written statement and explain how you met. A big file is attached to the petition, including print screens of your chats, hotel bills, and plane tickets. We prepare the attachments for you and provide online consultation to streamline the entire process.

Have you met in person in the last two years?

The two of you need to have met at least once in the past two years. Some traditions don’t allow unmarried couples to meet in person or spend time alone before marriage. These traditions are investigated and the condition might be dismissed in favor of the couple. If you experience a health issue that prevents you from traveling and meeting with your foreign fiancé(e), there is a solution. You can schedule an online consultation with our K1 Fiancé(e) visa expert for a solution tailored to your case.

Understand the restrictions for K1 Fiancé(e) visa

After your foreign fiancé(e) gets the visa, they have 6 months to come to the United States and marry you. You have to marry within 90 days upon your foreign fiancé(e)’s arrival to the United States. The reason behind this is that the K1 nonimmigrant status cannot be extended beyond the allowed period. We’re here to provide you with the complete list of limitations so you get the full picture of the K1 Fiancé(e) visa process.

Let us take care of the application process

Let us lead you through the application stages and provide the best advice for your particular situation. Simply schedule a consultation with one of our consultants, and they'll get back to you in the shortest time possible.
The entire process has many steps and, as mentioned above, the first thing you will need to do is file your Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). After the submission, the United States government performs background checks on both you and your foreign fiancé(e). It takes around five to seven months for the petition to be approved. Following the approval, the petition gets its original number and is sent to the National Visa Center for additional checks. Once approved, your foreign fiancé(e) will be able to pay the mandatory interview fee and book an appointment with a Consular Officer at the closest U.S. Embassy, as a final step of the process. We offer end-to-end assistance with your K1 Fiancé(e) visa application. We learn your story inside-out, make sure your petition is flawless, help you submit the documents, and set up the Embassy interview.

K1 Fiancé(e) visa: Useful tips

  • If your foreign fiancé(e) doesn’t speak English, you can ask the Embassy or Consulate to provide an interpreter. If they cannot find an interpreter, you can ask to bring one to the Embassy or Consulate. You have to provide details on the interpreter before your visa interview.
  • In case your foreign fiancé(e) has a child under 18, they can be included in the petition with their mother/father.
  • As a part of the application, your foreign fiancé(e) has to undergo a medical examination. We help them find an authorized physician in their country and make the necessary arrangements.

What comes next

After your foreign fiancé(e)’s interview at the Embassy or Consulate, the Embassy or Consular officer tells if your K1 Fiancé(e) visa is approved, denied, or if more supporting documents are necessary. In case your application is denied, the Embassy or Consular officer provides a written explanation.
Having the K1 visa, your fiancé(e) can travel to the United States and marry you there within 90 days of arrival. After the marriage, your fiancé(e) – now spouse – can apply for a Green Card (adjustment of status to Lawful Permanent Resident).

You can count on our help

We hope we answered at least a few questions you're having. If there's anything you wish to learn about the immigration process or you want professional advice tailored to your situation, simply schedule a meeting with one of our consultants. We look forward to hearing from you!


Select a Complete Service

Supported Visa Types: Tourism, Visit or Medical Treatment / Business or Employment / Transit / Study or Exchange

Copyright © 2022 VisaExpress.us.com

Disclaimer: https://VisaExpress.us.com is not affiliated with the United States Department of State (US DOS), the United States Department of Homeland Security (US DHS), the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), or any other United States government agency. Except for our affiliated and independent lawyers/attorneys explicitly disclosed in the service, we are not a law firm, we do not provide legal advice, and we are not a substitute for an attorney. Neither VisaExpress.us.com nor its employees claim to have any special knowledge of immigration law or procedure. Listed purchase prices for application preparation assistance services do NOT include any government application, medical examination fee, filing, or biometric fees. The applications completed using our service are available as blank forms for free on some USA Government websites. Lawyer services are provided by independent Lawyers and these services are subject to a separate, Limited-Scope Lawyer Agreement. We are a private, internet-based travel technology service provider dedicated to helping individuals travel to the United States. If you do not wish to utilize our services, you may apply directly at travel.state.gov or at uscis.gov.